The Carmella Rose Health Foundation facilitates the PNNG networking meetings, which is comprised of patient navigators or those working in comparable roles. The PNNG created a forum to support growth and development of Patient Navigation and advocacy as a career path providing education and programming.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay educated and click on these article links:
- Navigators Defined – A publication of The Center for Health Affairs, August 2013
- How Patient Navigation Can Cut Costs and Save Lives, Bloomberg News, March 19, 2013
- Patient Navigator Program at MetroHealth
2014 Patient Navigation Networking Group (PNNG) Summary
High Risk Patient Navigation Program
Baby’s First Reward Program
Pharmacy Tour and presentation
Medications packaged for safety and convenience.
Patient and Caregiver Mentor programs.
Partners with facilities that can host a free clinic.
They handle logistics, labs, testing and necessary meds for 30 days.
The Gathering Place
Provides free services to anyone “touched by cancer”. This includes the patient, family caregivers and others in their support network. No referral is needed.
Goals and Projects
- Now on LinkedIn
- Restructured under Carmella Rose Health Foundation
- Developed a new web page for PNNG members
- ACA updates
- MCP updates for hospital systems
- Discussion of potential certification of Patient Navigators
- PNNG survey reviewed. Members want education, networking and to promote patient navigation as a career path.
Potential 2016 Education Topics
- Free Clinic
- Hospice Bereavement
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Cleveland Food Bank
- Metrics: Share our process and how we quantify navigation.
- Public Health technology and its role in navigation.
- Hold tutorial on Linkedin and start article and discussion club.