The Patient Navigation Networking Group (PNNG)
The PNNG is a sub-committee of the NEOPNC, under The Carmella Rose Health Foundation, which is comprised of patient navigators or those working in comparable roles. The PNNG helps support navigation by:
- Creating a forum to support growth and development of Patient Navigation as a career path
- Providing education and programming related to navigator job description, training, and best practices.
- Providing interactive peer support and feedback for discussion of common issues facing Patient Navigators
- Promoting and advancing Patient Navigation concepts, roles, and responsibilities to increase awareness
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Patient Navigation Networking Group (PNNG) Summary
High Risk Patient Navigation Program
Baby’s First Reward Program
Pharmacy Tour and presentation
Medications packaged for safety and convenience.
Patient and Caregiver Mentor programs.
Partners with facilities that can host a free clinic.
They handle logistics, labs, testing and necessary meds for 30 days.
The Gathering Place
Provides free services to anyone “touched by cancer”. This includes the patient, family caregivers and others in their support network. No referral is needed.
Goals and Projects
- Now on LinkedIn
- Restructured under Carmella Rose Health Foundation
- Developed a new web page for PNNG members
- ACA updates
- MCP updates for hospital systems
- Discussion of potential certification of Patient Navigators
- PNNG survey reviewed. Members want education, networking and to promote patient navigation as a career path.
Potential 2016 Education Topics
- Free Clinic
- Hospice Bereavement
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Cleveland Food Bank
- Metrics: Share our process and how we quantify navigation.
- Public Health technology and its role in navigation.
- Hold tutorial on Linkedin and start article and discussion club.