Organizing will help you:
- Be in control of your healthcare information
- Manage your medical bills
- Give correct information to your doctor or healthcare team
- Get the medical care you need
Tips for Getting Organized
- Make a list of the medications you are taking and write down:
- The brand and generic drug name
- Why you are taking each medicine
- Potential side effects to watch for
- Your prescribed dosage
- What the medicine looks like See Personal Medication Record and Weekly Medication Checklist forms below.
- Write down important information about your health (medical conditions, surgeries, hospital stays). See Personal Health Record form below.
- Write down the names of your emergency contacts. See Emergency Contacts form below.
- Make a list of your doctors and others involved in your medical care. See Doctors and Healthcare Team form below.
- Keep all of your medical bills and insurance information in one place. See Medical Bills and Insurance Record form below.
- Ask Questions
Forms to Help You Get Organized
These downloadable forms will help you keep track of your medical information: